|Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS)||2006|
EIF is working with the Government of Uganda to develop trade policies conducive to global trade. The programme is also supporting the development of small businesses as part of the country's decentralized business services.
EIF is contributing to the realisation of Uganda's trade policy vision and assisting the country to better integrate into the global economy via a more efficient and competitive trade sector. This includes through institutional strengthening, coordination across government institutions and implementing the recommendations in the Diagnostic Trade Integration Study Update.
- Trade included in National Development Plan I and II and the Sector Development Plan 2015/16-2019/20.
- Sector Working Group established to facilitate effective coordination and with a range of external stakeholders.
- Hosted trainings and workshops on trade facilitation, trade in services, gender and trade, trade negotiation skills and licensing.
Enhancing trade – SMEs
EIF worked in Uganda's trade, tourism, industry and cooperatives sector, strenghtening the ability to deliver services at the grassroots level in order to increase the incomes of SME entrepreneurs in target districts.
- 1,680 business enterprises trained
- 492 businesses included into the formal economy
- 747 new produce cooperatives registered
- 27% increase in budget allocation in district budgets to support small businesses