EIF and the Government of Benin worked to better integrate the country into the global trading system by strengthening institutional abilities to develop and implement trade strategies and policies.
- Priorities identified in the DTIS Update and Action Matrix incorporated into Benin’s Poverty Reduction Strategy 2016-2020.
- Trade integrated in sectoral strategies on agriculture, industry, tourism and transport.
- 45 female hyacinth entrepreneurs received management training, with 22 trained in product diversification.
With the goal to reduce poverty by strengthening the production, commercial and exporting capacities of Beninese companies, EIF is providing technical assistance to SMEs in the pineapple, shea almond and cashew sectors.
- 35 managers from trade support institutions and the private sector participated in an ITC-led training covering tools for discovering and managing export markets.
- 5 training modules on trade integration, negotiation, competition, rules of origin and market access developed.
- Benin has a 'green pineapple' label to improve competitiveness in export markets.
- 45 producers received trainings on traceability system to enable company certifications.