O QUE SERÁ NECESSÁRIO PARA AJUDAR OS PMA A CUMPRIREM OS ODS?
Julho 20, 2016 — Nairobi, Kenya
Joint side-event, co-organized with UNCTAD and EU – CONFIRMED – Tackling vulnerabilities, building resilience
Tsavo 2, KICC
Least Developed Countries (LDCs) will face the most severe challenges in meeting their commitments to the Sustainable Development Goals. They therefore merit specific and urgent attention. What support will be critical in ensuring that LDCs are not left behind? This Session will showcase UNCTAD broad range of technical assistance and support for capacity building programmes for LDCs. It will provide a platform for beneficiaries to share experiences on the utility of these tools and how they can be strengthened, as well as an opportunity for donors to match their resources to LDC needs.
Introductory Remarks by the Master of Ceremonies, H.E Joakim Reiter, Deputy Secretary General- UNCTAD
What is the specific LDC challenge in meeting the SDGs?
- Key Note Address by Dr Mukhisa Kituyi, Secretary General of UNCTAD
- Statement by Ms Sandra Gallina, Director, Sustainable Development; Economic Partnership Agreements, Africa-Caribbean and Pacific, Agri-food and fisheries, European Commission
- Statement by Mr Ratnakar Adhikari, Executive Director of the Enhanced Integrated Framework
What is UNCTAD support for the LDCs? Presentation of the UNCTAD Toolkit for LDCs
- Mr Raul Javaloyes, OiC Technical Cooperation Service, UNCTAD
What has been the impact of UNCTAD assistance and how can it be enhanced? Experiences from beneficiaries:
- H.E. Abdoulie Jobe, Minister of Trade, Industry, Regional Integration and Employment of the Gambia - EMPRETEC
- H.E. Mr. Tofail Ahmed, Minister of Commerce, Bangladesh - Investment Policy Review
- H.E. Mr. Yakob Yala, Minister of Trade, Ethiopia - Trade Strategy EIF
How can Donors support the work of UNCTAD to better support LDCs?
- Statements by Donor Representatives
Open discussion led by the Master of Ceremonies
Dr. Mukhisa Kituyi, UNCTAD