O QIR está a ajudar a Serra Leoa a identificar e a dar prioridade aos seus setores competitivos a fim de dar resposta aos objetivos de crescimento, de uma forma sustentável e inclusiva.
Estudos analíticos pormenorizados identificaram potencial e obstáculos em quatro setores prioritários: pescas, turismo, agricultura e comércio. Como resultado, o QIR está a prestar um apoio direcionado no setor da agricultura e do turismo que está a contribuir para reformular a imagem do país.
EIF worked to increase Sierra Leone's ownership of trade‑related assistance and help the country to maximize benefits.
- The Government of Sierra Leone established the Presidential Initiative on Post‑Ebola Recovery and Transition, focusing on the thematic areas of health, education, social protection and private sector development.
- The EIF National Implementation Unit (NIU) provided technical expertise by ensuring that priorities identified in the Diagnostic Trade Integration Study Update were reflected, including access to finance, improving the business climate and support for small businesses.
- NIU worked with a consortium of NGOs, DFID and the Ministry of Trade to help petty traders access finance.
EIF worked to support the sustainable growth of Sierra Leone's tourism sector, helping to rebrand the image of the country, create jobs and conserve the environment.
- Developed Ecotourism Policy and Action Plan.
- Completed Environmental and Social Impact Assessments and management plans for five ecotourism sites, and those five communities submitted proposals to the National Tourist Board for onward appraisal by the Small Grant Programme Appraisal Committee.
- The National Tourist Board and Ministry of Tourism and Cultural Affairs, in collaboration with the private sector, hosted a press conference during ITB Berlin in March 2015, the first step to reviving Sierra Leone as a tourist destination after the Ebola outbreak.